Prevent Identity Theft with Shredding
These days, we live in fast-paced digital times. Thus, identity theft has become a big deal. In reality, much of our lives are driven and relied on by digital devices. Accordingly, identity thieves are having a field day compromising people’s private information. In reality, it’s not only digital data at risk.
In fact, paper documents make up a large percentage of records management. Essentially, both methods carry an element of risk for hacking and other undesirable outcomes. Yet, you can prevent such scenarios. It’s done with diligent records maintenance and data shredding.
The best place to start is with a
Florida document protection plan. In doing so, you’ll become aware of which
documents should be immediately shredded. This includes personal information,
financial information, bank records, medical data, etc.
Naturally, you want to avoid
potential identity theft disaster. Therefore, follow these tips prior to a
successful partnership with a professional Florida shredding service:
- Save receipts based on importance and need. Yet, never throw them out in the trash.
- Be aware of what you throw out. After all, trash bags left outside are accessible by anyone.
- If you are a business, never provide customers’ identity to anyone else.
- Always, keep personal and client information in a secure location.
- Plan for paper and hard drive shredding when documents or records are no longer needed.
- Stay organized. A messy office environment makes it easier for thieves to snatch information.
- Use reliable spyware, firewalls, and other security measures on all electronic devices.
- Keep a close eye on financial documents for any unauthorized charges or withdrawals. Also, always protect your PINs and passwords.
Go with A Pro?
Consider shredding to protect identity. Truthfully, a little shredding machine at home or in the office often won’t do the trick. Actually, determined thieves will piece together information from piles of confetti-like paper.
Then, they’ll run away with your private data. A professional shredding company in Florida stays in compliance with federal laws. Also, they employ different shredding machines for the destruction of your documents.
In fact, they might mix papers of many different clients and shred it all at once. Thus, it makes it impossible to reassemble a single company’s or individual’s information.
Remember, it is not enough to tear
up a bill into a few pieces and throw it away. Truthfully, thieves enjoy
solving a puzzle. Plus, many of them are good at it. Keep a quality shredder on
hand. Yet, for big jobs, call on the services of a professional. Thus, you’ll
keep your identity safe.
Request a Quote
Complete the Form for a Guaranteed Shredding Quote in 5 Minutes or Less