It is easy for some shredding companies to make false claims and promises when no one is checking up on them. ShredQuick offers proof, not promises, by submitting to an on-site audit performed by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID).
NAID is a non-profit association formed in 1993 dedicated to the advancement, professionalism and high ethical standards of the information destruction industry.
NAID’s primary purpose is to educate businesses and government of the need for secure destruction of confidential information. With hundreds of members across North America, NAID has grown to become the recognized authority on secure information destruction.
NAID is also the watchdog of the shredding industry. They act as an independent auditor, checking a shredding company’s compliance in 22 critical areas, including everything from shred size to employee background checks. NAID awards their highest rating, “AAA Certified,” to only a handful of shredding companies that offer the ultimate in secure document shredding.
AS PART OF THEIR SHREDDING COMPANY AUDITS, NAID VERIFIES THE FOLLOWING:
- Pre-employment and random criminal background checks on all employees
- Pre-employment and random drug screening for all employees
- Certified proof that shredded output is unreadable
- Minimum $3,000,000 general liability insurance
- Driver and helpers wear a company uniform and display photo ID badges
- Comprehensive written security policies and procedures
- Owners and officers have a third-party background check on file
- All employees sign a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
Why NAID Certification is Important
Some companies will say anything to get your business, because they know most people won’t bother to check. Make sure that the shredding company you choose is AAA NAID Certified. And don’t just take their word for it. Ask to see a copy of their current AAA NAID Certification or make sure that they’re displaying the NAID AAA Certified “click to verify” seal on their website.
ShredQuick Awarded AAA NAID Certification
Of the 142 shredding companies operating in Florida, only 16 have been AAA Certified by NAID. ShredQuick is the only local company in the area to be AAA Certified by NAID every year, since 2002.